International flights resumed on the 5th of September 2020 and started with Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja and Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.
International Flight Resumption Protocols
Incoming passengers will continue to observe the current COVID-19 protocols in place
· Incoming passengers will require a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result
· A list of accredited laboratories will be shared to embassies for incoming passengers to use for PCR tests
· From 29 August, PCR test validity period will be reduced to 7 days provided the passenger has a negative PCR result on arrival
· A PCR test should be done as close as possible to the departure date, preferably 48-72 hours. However, a 7 day validity is still acceptable
· A payment portal for passengers to make payment for PCR tests in Nigeria is being built
· The health declaration form will now be digital for ease and must be filled out just before boarding
· On arrival, passports will no longer be retained by immigration once a negative PCR is provided
· Passengers are required to self-isolate for 7 days
· On day 7, passengers are required to go and get a repeat PCR test
· On day 8, if the PCR test is negative, passengers will be allowed to exit isolation.
Local Flights Commenced on the 8th July 2020
Local flights commenced to and from the following airports from 08 July 2020:
Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport in Abuja, Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.
Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano, Omagwa International Airport in Port Harcourt, Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri and Maiduguri International Airport commenced operations 11 July 2020.
Victor Attah Airport, Uyo commenced operations 15 July, 2020. Kaduna Airport, Kaduna, Yola Airport, Yola, Margaret Ekpo Airport, Calabar and Sultan Abubakar Airport, Sokoto commenced operations 19 July, 2020.
Birnin Kebbi airport commenced operations 20 July 2020. Yakubu Gowon Airport, Jos and Benin Airport, Benin commenced operations 24 July, 2020 while Asaba International Airport commenced operations 13 August, 2020.
Health and Safety Measures at the Airport
Here are some measures we anticipate:
All persons entering the terminal building and boarding aircraft are required to wear face masks at all times.
Temperature screening will be conducted at the terminal building entrances before any passenger is allowed entry and will be denied access should they have an elevated temperature or present with signs of being infected with COVID-19.
All persons entering the terminal building and boarding aircraft are required to wash their hands and use hand sanitizers at intervals.
All the airports will have markings on the floor for social distancing of 2 metres. This will be applicable at check-in counters and security checkpoints.
Airline check-in agents will wear face shields and the counters will be installed with protective screens. Check-in counters will also be frequently sanitised.
All airport personnel will wear masks.
On arrival, all passengers must be screened as they enter the terminal building.
Airport Arrival and Check-In
Arrive a minimum of 1 hours 30 minutes prior to your flight departure.
We recommend that you check in online prior to departure (to minimise contact, queues and waiting time).
Only passengers are allowed to enter the airport, no visitors will be allowed entry.
Expect maximum safety protocols to be applied throughout your journey.
Escorts will not be allowed to follow VIP’s into the departure hall.
Those picking up arriving passengers are advised to remain in the car.
Need to Get Tested for Covid-19?
Here's a List of Approved NCDC labs
1. Federal Medical Centre, Yola Adamawa
2. Akwa Ibom State Molecular Laboratory, Akwa Ibom
3. Accunalysis MedicalDiagnostics, Anambra
4. Bauchi Molecular Laboratory, Bauchi
5. University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Borno
6. Delta Mobile Laboratory, Delta
7. Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Ebonyi
8. Irua Specialist Teaching Hospital, Edo
9. University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Edo
10. 54gene, Ekiti
11. NCDC National Reference Laboratory, Federal Capital Territory
12. University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, Federal Capital Territory
13. Federal Ministry of Health premises, Federal Capital Territory
14. Garki General Hospital, Federal Capital Territory
15. Federal Medical Centre, Jabi, Federal Capital Territory
16. Defence Reference Laboratory, Federal Capital Territory
17. Nyanya General Hospital, Federal Capital Territory
18. National Hospital, Federal Capital Territory
19. EHA Clinics, Federal Capital Territory
20. 54gene, Federal Capital Territory
21. NIA Laboratory, Federal Capital Territory
22. Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe, Gombe
23. Everight Diagnostics, Imo
24. Jigawa Molecular Laboratory, Jigawa
25. Ahmadu Bello University, Kaduna
26. GeneXpert Mobile Laboratory, Kaduna
27. NDA Laboratory, Kaduna
28. 54gene, Kano
29. Bayero University Kano, Kano
30. Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano
31. International Foundation Against Infectious Diseases in Nigeria (IFAIN), Kano
32. e-Health Laboratory, Kano
33. Sahel Laboratory, Katsina
34. Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Lagos
35. Nigeria Institute for Medical Research, Lagos
36. Lagos State Biobank Laboratory, Lagos
37. 54gene, Lagos
38. Total Medical Services, Lagos
39. SynLab, Lagos
40. Medbury Medical Services, Lagos
41. Biologix Medical Service, Lagos
42. NCDC Central Public Health Laboratory, Lagos
43. 02 Medical Services, Lagos
44. Clina Lancent Laboratories, Lagos
45. 54gene, Ogun
46. Afriglobal Medicare, Ogun
47. Federal Medical Centre, Owo Ondo
48. African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Osun
49. University College Hospital Virology Department Laboratory, Oyo
50. Biorepository and Clinical Virology Laboratory, UCHOyo
51. National Veterinary Research Institute, Plateau
52. Rivers State University Teaching Hospital, Rivers
53. University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Rivers
54. Centre for Advanced Medical Research and Teaching, Sokoto
Uzytravels Does not warrant that the information posted is correct. The link should be used as a guide only. Before booking any travel we recommend that you first check the regulations as published in your country of departure and arrival.